Online English Teacher
Responsible for achieving GHI’s goals which are to improve our clients English and English understanding in different areas such as; grammar, spelling, listening, vocabulary, and general conversation skills. GHI’s online English teachers are dedicated to giving individual attention to each client and helping them achieve their individual goals and providing them with the tools necessary to succeed.
- Follow lesson plans provided – specifically created to work on improvement in specialized areas.
- Identify students’ weaknesses and work together to improve them
- Arrive in the virtual classroom a minimum of 10 minutes before the class starts.
- Sign into SKYPE before lessons – for teacher to management support/communication.
- Report any problems or issues to the Programs Manager as soon as possible or other appropriate person if the Programs Manager is unavailable.
- Provide a positive e-learning environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the online learning process.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing – always focusing on the correct pronunciation of words and spelling of words
- Participate in teacher training.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Teaching experience including ESL
- Online teaching experience an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to manage time effectively – start and finish at the scheduled times.
- Able to effectively manage a virtual classroom and any issues that may arise while teaching (either technical, or with students).
- Able to be as flexible as possible both in the virtual classroom with the students and as well with the different hours (time changes, schedule changes) as requested by clients.
- Able to demonstrate patience with your students and in your teaching.
- Able to speak slowly, focus on correct pronunciation, and answer any questions that students may have.
http://www.globalhomeshoring.com/?page_id=126" title="Application Form">